Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life Reflected

This week has been interesting to say the least. My wife's grandmother passed away and the funeral is tomorrow. We are in Northern Utah for the funeral but, I wanted to continue to post on this blog to keep you informed. (All two of you that read this!)

As I have reflected on the life of Andrea's grandmother I have realized that this life often requires a ton of work. Her grandmother worked very hard to raise a family and support her husband on the family farm all to have to leave that farm and move to the city for the last years of her life because the family farm was sold and her health declined to the point of needing to be closer to family. Sometimes, I believe, things that mean the most require a ton of effort. Last Saturday Mike (the Quiet Flyfisher) and I went to a stream where we normally don't guide but wanted to try out with a client of Mike's and his son who were on their way to Salt Lake. As we fished it required more effort to catch this little guy:

The effort was worth it to snap the photo. The size wasn't as important as the experience. Plus, it was a beautiful place.

No comments: